… it’s a hot potato, no offence to cold potatoes
Here a few examples of PC gone ….. mad/crackers/crazy !!!!
(oh crumbs, running out of suitable words)
- Let’s start with the rudest sounding pudding, Spotted Dick, that tasty light sponge with dried fruit usually covered by smooth custard
- Has had a name change due to people feeling uncomfortable asking for this desert, it’s now called Spotted Richard …. (no offence to anyone named Richard)
- 2) looking for new staff ? compiling an advert ? be careful you may upset someone!
a recruitment agency had there advert pulled for requesting ‘Reliable & hardworking people’ … apparently it could be offensive to unreliable peoples
- 3) you don’t have to wait til the end to applause my wit & repartee, but could you do it quietly as not to ‘trigger anxiety’ on nervous people, jazz hands has been suggested but no tap dancing !
- 4) finally … the most bizarre experience I had was at a trendy hipster coffee bar … I ordered my chai latte and then said and a black americano … the reply from the server, staff member waiter … oh flipping heck … the person making the drinks. … said we like to say ‘non milk coffee’
- really ?
- seriously ?
- Maybe it’s safer to use hand signals in day to day communications ? 🖕
Until the next time
Just because your offended, doesn’t mean your right